Friday, September 2, 2011

Thursday: It's Technical is now Technically It's Friday

This is a short and sweet entry today.

Calculating quilt yardage can be difficult if you don't know where to start. Granted, we don't all have computers we can just keep with us, but this Fabric Calculator is useful when you're on the computer and needs to know your yardage before you click sumbit on your order. I don't know to what percent of accuracy it is, but it's a good idea to allow for at least one strip width more than what it calls for, in case you prewash your fabric (to allow for shrinkage) or for any "oopses." It also helps give you a format to use when you're out in the world and needing to know your yardage if you're not using a pattern, or if the pattern doesn't provide one,

Also, for those of you with smart phones, I know iPhone has a free fabric calculator app. I'm not sure about Android or Blackberry, so if any of you readers out there have either of the latter and know if there are any quilting apps out there, shoot me a comment and let me know so I can share!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love it! Now it has a cool iPhone format too... Awesome!
    I know amazon.com sells a quilting calculator.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments and constructive criticism! All I ask is that you keep it clean and keep it kind.