Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Two Finished Projects in Two Days. Bam!

Whelp, I have spent the last two nights sewing my booty off and here's what I came up with:

Woo! It's done! The one complaint I have about Piece O'Cake's pattern is that there really wasn't a helpful placement guide and so just in eyeballing how far away to put the reindeer and Santa from the seam I ended up placing them too low when I gauged how far down to put the large tree. There ended up being a huge white space and it looked weird I thought, so I just filled in with more trees. I like the end result there! and the green squares in the corners aren't part of the pattern either, I just thought it would be an easy way to bring the green out without it being overpowering.



It also called for thin ric-rac for the lettering, but gave no placement guide for the letters, so I just used Hot Fix ribbon and my own sloppy cursive. It's whimsical, dammit! :D


Here is another one from BJ Designs, another of my favorites. It's just a quick and cute 20" by 20" mat.

Here's the whole kit 'n caboodle. It's hard to see here, but the "white" is actually a light gold with gold metallic snowflakes on it. It's not as bright and glaring in person as it is in the photo. Thanks, fluorescent lighting!

Here's a closer shot. See? The "white" is actually gold. Not quite as intense. But the snowflake is Michael Miller's Fairy Frost with the the glitter. Oooh....sparkly.


Let's see. Next up I have another mat like the snowflake (but it's a candy cane instead) and yet another from BJ Designs that's a large wonky Christmas tree. I'll get a picture posted of that soon, once I get it all together :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments and constructive criticism! All I ask is that you keep it clean and keep it kind.