Wednesday, June 11, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Granny Squares

This is another long term WIP.  After seeing a granny square how-to on another blog (I can't remember which one, it was several months ago) I thought it would be a good way to eat up more scraps.  The one I saw had a 100% white background with each block divided by sashing, but I thought it might be neat to have the block separated by background colors.  So, each block has a different background color in a solid fabric, and then the squares for the interior of the block would be scrappy. 


So I made some, put it away, made some, put it away....and neglected to take notes on how I needed to trim the squares.  Now three of them so far are about 3/4" too big.  Those I will be ripping apart, trimming and reassembling probably last thing.  But this time I was smart enough to write down a note about trimming those pieces and put it in the box for next time. 

Nice, but WRONG by 3/4"




But here's what I have so far.  I think there are 25 or 30 total that need to be done. 



I'll finish the rest one of these days.

4 comments:

  1. Now this is going to be a fun quilt?????? so bright and happy too. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have it figured out now and the rest will be easier. It is going to be a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris! I did get it figured out and this time I put a note in there so next time I know not to get too excited and just start sewing, but to trim those stinkin' squares first :)

      Delete

I welcome all comments and constructive criticism! All I ask is that you keep it clean and keep it kind.