Thursday, August 22, 2013

Have Bad News? Will Dive Into Quilt.

Ever have one of those days that starts out deceptively well, then takes a sharp nosedive?  Today was one of those days. 

I got the materials from Devan to send out the Bachelorette Party invites to everyone for Isabelle earlier today.  Later, as I'm getting ready to print, our printer fails and I can't troubleshoot my way out of it. Looks like tomorrow will hold a trip to Staples!

I got John's Star Trek quilt back from quilting....and it looks fantastic!  I'm very pleased with how it turned out, and I know he will be too.


I got the binding sewn on, but not stitched down.  I was going to try and finish it tonight since John was supposed to be coming home after 2 weeks out on the fireline tomorrow morning, since the fire was over 80% containment and they have very little to do.  Unfortunately, I heard from him about an hour ago to tell me lightning reignited the fire and another section was ablaze, which puts his ability to return home (even after his 2 week stint) in real jeopardy.  It is likely he will not be able to come home for his break, but instead spend it there and go for another 2 week trip.  It was really disheartening news...we miss each other very much and we both were excited to see each other again.  When your loved one is gone, you don't miss them less and less, so it was saddening to know that we may have to go a month total without seeing each other at all.

Finally, and the very worst of all, we found out a friend's son commit suicide.  It was shocking.  She is in our thoughts and prayers - The pain in her voice when she told us was heartbreaking on its own. Though I have lost friends to suicides, I cannot even begin to fathom the pain a mother feels when she is forced to outlive her child, especially to have lost her child in this manner.  My heart really goes out to her and her remaining son. 

I feel the need again to jump on my soapbox again.  Please...friends, family, acquaintances and strangers from here and all over the world...If you are struggling in your life and having suicidal thoughts, please reach out for help, not a handgun. There are people in your life who love you dearly, who want to see you thrive, and whose lives would have an irreplaceable void without you in it.  Suicide is a permanent and irreversible solution to a temporary or fixable problem.  If you need help, please go to http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ or call 1-800-273-8255.  You are loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments and constructive criticism! All I ask is that you keep it clean and keep it kind.