Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Thanksgiving

It's hard to believe that we are already having to get ready for fall, etc, in summer. It's 94 today...I'm certainly not thinking of crisp fall air!  But since I work in a quilt store...I had to start thinking about Christmas in July. 

But aside from Christmas and Halloween projects...Thanksgiving gets lost in the mix. For a holiday that begs for table decor and whose themes are good all season long, there are certainly a real lack of cute Thanksgiving patterns. But we found one and it is cute as hell. 


This pattern by Kimberbell Designs is definitely a Thankgiving themed pattern, and while there are turkeys, there isn't a cooked one in sight. No cornucopias, etc.  I think this fits well into any fall decor, and so it has a longevity that the few other Thanksgiving patterns don't.  I have to admit though, the only think I wasn't wild about were the color choices. Personally, my eye went right to the black int he quilt because of how much it contrasted with the lighter cream that was used, so I changed mine up a little. 


Please excuse my toes.  No one will ever accuse me of being a great photographer. 



2 comments:

  1. ohmygosh, are those embroidered pumpkins?!? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I cheated and didn't do them by hand (I am a slow embroiderer and I was on a time crunch), so instead I free motioned them on there before it got quilted.

      Delete

I welcome all comments and constructive criticism! All I ask is that you keep it clean and keep it kind.