Sunday, March 30, 2014

Lifesavers

I have been feeling SO unmotivated lately, hence, no updates.  Getting the flu last week certainly didn't help.  While my fever finally broke on Friday, I still don't feel 100%.  I can't complain though...I haven't had the actual flu since I was 8, and no, I don't get flu shots (unless my grandmother physically drags me to Rite Aid to get one, which, she has done that).  That doesn't explain the few weeks prior, but you know, whatever.  Not motivated, end of story (I guess).

So anyway...I'll try to catch up on posts. 

Here's another scrap quilt I've been working on.  I got the idea from Pinterest. 

Apparently, based on seeing it in other pins, this is a quilt from Red Pepper Quilts.  I realized this AFTER I started making it, of course.  I have no idea what the original dimensions are, but I used 5" squares for my Nine Patches, so it's going to be pretty large once all is said and done. The original above has a very neat and tidy color scheme, but I was trying to deplete scraps, so I went with 9 colors to each block, with 2.5" sashing all the way around.

Here's mine...the blocks looks a little gross on their own, I admit it, but I'm pleased with how they turned out when I got the first bits of white sashing put on there..





I need to get the horizontal sashings put on yet, and the rows attached together ( the rows themselves are already assembled), but that's another job for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments and constructive criticism! All I ask is that you keep it clean and keep it kind.