Sunday, April 12, 2015

Stained Glass

This is a store sample I did recently where I was unenthused about the focus fabric, but I ended up being really happy with the quilt as a whole because of the go-withs.  

This is the pattern I used...simple but great for large prints! 


The focus fabrics are the yellow and black graphic prints in the squares.  I mean, they're okay, but I'm not a huge fan of yellow most of the time, so it didn't really ring my bell.  That, and the go-withs for the line were limited - just a black and white dot and a yellow solid.
I found a batik that had the bright yellow, some turquoise and pink in it and ran from there.




I think it turned out looking kind of like a bright piece of stained glass.  Not too shabby for not liking it very well at the start...now it's one of my favorites.  I guess maybe I shouldn't judge a quilt by it's focus fabric until it's all done.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments and constructive criticism! All I ask is that you keep it clean and keep it kind.