Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Whoever said "Laughter is the Best Medicine" obviously wasn't a quilter.

It's true. Whoever said that clearly never had the experience of coming home from shopping, after only 4 things out of 50 fit correctly, after seeing themselves in their underoos (in the aaaaalways flattering fluorescent dressing room light), and wanting to just bawl and save up for liposuction. Clearly.

That was pretty much my afternoon. I had a great time going shopping and doing lunch with Mom (girls' day out is the best!), but I left feeling like total crap about myself, my body and completely discouraged that I simply can't find anything to fit my weird shape right. Ah the joys of modern womanhood, right? Thanks a lot, media!

So I went home and "kind of cleaned" in preparation for the Direct TV installer to come today to install my shiny new TV service. Normally, if it were friends coming over, that place would be so clean it would sparkle but since it's an installation person I'll probably never see again....I really half a$$ed it. Screw it. I can't be bothered to care that much, let him judge away at my mountains of scraps and fusible and half fused/half finshed pieces...They see me stitchin', they hatin'...haha

But nothing makes my spirit feel better than to just say F@ck it and work on a project I'm happy with. I'll come back in and put pictures of of what exactly it looks like, but I'm working on a mermaid project for the shop, and it is COMPLETELY different from the pattern. The quilt is actually done by a company called "Hand to Heart" (Maybe it's "Heart to Hand?") which regardless of the order of the name, primarily does primitive style patterns. The mermaid is pretty primitive  too. That id definitely not my style..no siree... so of course I changed up the color and took a few elements out to make it more my style. I told you I'm a notorious pattern tinker-er! Those huge pink cheeks drawn on her face just weren't working for me...amd I'm sorry, but a mermaid with brown hair? No, no...it's either got to be Ariel red or bright purple!! Guess which mine is? Haha! But anyway....I got her fused together, now I just have to plop her down on her background and get the borders figured out. I. CAN. NOT. WAIT. TO. QUILT. THIS. Her tiara is going to look so awesome!!

Knowing that my creative juices were flowing and my eye is getting more and more in-tune with thinking about where in a quilt some really b!tchin' free motion would fit in and make it pop made me feel tons better about not being able to squeeze my chunky butt into the clothes I was hoping it would. :-)

1 comment:

  1. PIIIIIIIICTUUUUUUUUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That sounds sooooooo great!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see it! I'm sure it will be great.
    And YOU are BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    There are just stupid clothes! I can never figure my size out either...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments and constructive criticism! All I ask is that you keep it clean and keep it kind.